High stakes event coming up?
Conference makers and breakers coming up next …
- Do your sound/PowerPoint check before they come in.
‘Is this thing on?’ isn’t a question for the audience.
- Simplicity, Plain English and a chatty, relaxed conversational style makes for credible, engaging and authoritative speaking.
- Jargon and business-speak can cut off, exclude and disengage your listeners.
- No stand-up comedy – go for self-deprecating humour and things everyone can relate to.
- Think ‘even, measured pace – not stumbling and gabbling.
Think – breathe – speak.
- You may have great legs but if a camera points up your mini and projects the result on-screen behind you …